date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
M, n. 1919-__-__, d. 1999-06-13
- Père*: James Conrad Léger4,3 n. 1882-04-20, d. 1975-02-14
- Mère*: Alice White4,3 n. 1883-__-__, d. 1971-__-__
- Relationship | lien de parenté: Petit-fils à la 8e génération de Jacques Léger dit Larosette
Les enfants de Lloyd Legere et Muriel Nodwell:
- [S875] Carmen Donald 'Pookie' Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, October 10, 1998;voir aussi: Carmen Donald (Pookie) Legere - obituary, The Daily News, Halifax, NS, October 10, 1998.
- [S876] Gerald Edward 'Eddie' Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, 18 janvier 2000;voir aussi: Gerald Edward "Eddie" Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax, NS, January 17, 2000.
- [S13509] Recensement du Canada, 1921, Ménage de James Legere, NS, Springhill, 25 (Springhill), 55 (Cumberland), page 13B, ligne 34-40, demeure 102, ménage 108, Bibliothèques et Archives Canada (http://interactive.ancestry.ca/8991/1921_042-e002906575), James Legere (Head 38a), Alice Legere (WIfe 38a), Archie Legere (Son 16a), Alfred Legere (Son 14a), Edna Legere (Daughter 12a), Hazel Legere (Daughter 7a), Lloyd Legere (Son 2a).
- [S5259] Philip Lloyd "Lefty" Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, June 15, 1999;voir aussi: Philip Lloyd (Lefty) Legere - obituary, The Daily News, Halifax, NS, June 15, 1999.
- [S11857] P. Lloyd Legere - tombstone, cimetière St John's North Road Roman Catholic Cemetery, Springhill, NS, photographié par Rick Legere le 2004-05-30.
- [S3215] Melvin Robert Pasher - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, October 31, 1992, pg D22;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Saturday, October 31st, 1992 pg D22
PASHER, Melvin Robert -
57, 3102 Roaches Rd., New Waterford, died October 30, 1992, in New Waterford Consolidated Hospital. Born in New Waterford, he was a son of the late Robert (Bob) and Mary Ann (MacNeil) Pasher. He was a member of Mount Carmel Church; New Waterford Lions Club for 18 years; an avid dart player and participated in bowling and hockey all of his life. He played softball and baseball for many years. In 1953, he played junior baseball with New Waterford Bisons; in 1955, they won the Cape Breton Championship with him starring at third base. In 1957, he played senior baseball with New Waterford Giants, and also played with two other teams that same year, where he shared third base position and pitching, as well as working in the pit. He played in Colliery Softball League in the 1950's and 1960's. In 1962, he combined with Lefty Legere as a pitching twosome, leading the New Waterford Comets to a Maritime Intermediate B Softball Championship, the first ever in New Waterford. He pitched a 12 straight win to defeat Eastern Bakeries for the Cape Breton Title, then recorded another win against Brookfield for the Nova Scotia Title, later winning both games against Saint John, N.B. for the Maritime Championship. He was known at that time as the Iron Man of Softball. He worked for 38 years as a coal miner, retiring from Lingan Colliery. He is survived by his wife, the former Clara Cecchetto; two sons, Stephen, Lingan, Cape Breton; Brian, Thompson, Man.; two daughters, Donnelda (Mrs. William Aspinall), Thompson; Melvina, at home; four brothers, Clifford, Toronto; Neil (Bingo), Kitchener, Ont.; Clarence (Dick), Cambridge, Ont.; Mike, Ontario; three sisters, Mary (Mrs. Mike Williams), New Waterford; Lilly (Mrs. Clarence Jewer), Kitchener. He was predeceased by three brothers, James, Herb, Elmer; sister, Alice (Lala) MacDonald. The body is in V.J. MacGillivray Funeral Home, New Waterford, visiting 2-4, 7-9 p.m. today. Funeral will be 10 a.m. Monday in Mount Carmel Church. Burial will be in church cemetery.
- [S721] James C. Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, February 15, 1975, pg 35.
- [S874] Archibald Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, March 20 1995, pg B16;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Monday, March 20th, 1995 pg B16
LEGERE, Archibald -
89, Springhill, died March 18, 1995, in Highland View Regional Hospital, Amherst. Born in Springhill, he was a son of the late James C. and Alice (White) Legere. He was a member of St. John's Roman Catholic Church, Springhill and Royal Canadian Legion, branch 17. He served overseas during the Second World War and worked approximately 35 years in coal mining in Springhill, followed by several years as a commissionaire in Halifax and with security at HMC Dockyard. Surviving are sons, James, Springhill; Jack, Oxford; Francis, Lower Sackville; Leo, Toronto; Douglas, Picton, Ont.; brothers, Lloyd, Edward, Springhill; sister, Mrs. Hazel Embree, Springhill; 15 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife, the former Mary Margaret McNeil; brother, Alfred; sister, Edna Totten. Visitation 7-9 p.m. tonight, 2-4, 7-9 p.m. Tuesday, legion service 7 p.m. Tuesday in A.H. Brown Funeral Home, Springhill. Funeral 10 a.m. Wednesday in St. John's Roman Catholic Church, Rev. David MacDonald officiating. Spring burial in church cemetery, North Street.