date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
M, n. 1920-07-26, d. 1921-06-29
- Père*: Ambroise Léger1,2,3 n. 1890-03-07, d. 1963-__-__
- Mère*: Françoise Cormier1,2,3 n. 1893-__-__, d. 1971-05-10
- Relationship | lien de parenté: Petit-fils à la 8e génération de Jacques Léger dit Larosette
- [S11] Registre de la paroisse Saint Henri, Barachois, NB; microfilm: CEA F1889 et C1889A , microfilmé par P. Landry, microfilmé en mai 1977; Centre d'études acadiennes Anselme Chiasson.
- [S1039] Blair A. Leger - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, June 2 1998, pg B19;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Tuesday, June 2nd, 1998 pg B19
LEGER, Blair A. -
82, Barachois, N.B., passed away on June 1, 1998, in Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont Hospital, Moncton. Born in Moncton, he was the son of the late Ambroise Leger and the late Francoise Cormier. Mr. Leger was a retired construction superintendent for Century Construction, Parsons Construction, Heber Brown and Gifco Construction. He was past president of District 13 School Board, of La Caisse Populaire de Barachois, of the Shediac-Botsford Progressive Conservation Association and of l'Association des Lacordaires. He was also a founding member of the Club Boishebert of Shediac and a member of the Golden Age Club in Barachois. He attended St. Henri du Barachois Roman Catholic Church. He will be sadly missed by his family and friends. He is survived by his wife, Marie-Rita (Gaudet) Leger; his daughters, Rose-Marie Baker, Halifax; Geraldine Leger and Ginette Bourque (Raymond), Shediac; Huguette Grenier (Jules), Gaspesie, Que.; Priscille Gould (Reginald), Barachois; sons, Blair-Merville (Elizabeth) and Lucien, Barachois; Charles-Edouard "Charlie" (Suzanne Hebert), Dieppe; Guy, Moncton; sisters, Albertine Leger, Moncton; Francoise Gaudet (late Leonel), Barachois; 19 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by brothers, Dismas, Theodore, Frank, Edouard, Ambroise Jr., Emery, and sisters, Emerise Trudeau and Dorothy Bourgeois. Resting at Frenette Funeral Home, 396 Main St., Shediac, N.B., with visiting hours today from 2-4, 7-9 p.m. Funeral mass will be held from St. Henri Roman Catholic Church, Barachois, on Wednesday, June 3, at 11 a.m., Rev. Maurice Leger officiating. Interment in the parish cemetery. Donations to the oncology department of the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont Hospital would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- [S6003] Françoise Gaudet - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, May 15, 1999, pg A6.