date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
F, n. 1879-04-06, d. 1933-02-18
- Relationship | lien de parenté: Petite-fille à la 6e génération de Jacques Léger dit Larosette
- Appears on charts | Apparaît sur les tableaux: Léger Tree | Arbre Léger (7 gen) (#1), Léger Tree | Arbre Léger (7 gen) (#2)
Les enfants de Marie Léger et Dosithée Melanson:
- [S2] Registre de la paroisse Sainte Thérèse d'Avila de Cap Pelé, NB; microfilm: F1892 , microfilmé par R. LeBlanc, microfilmé en juillet 1977; Centre d'études acadiennes Anselme Chiasson.
- [S12584] Dosithée Melanson son épouse Marie Léger - pierre tombale, cimetière Notre Dame du Calvaire, Dieppe, NB, photographié par Rick Legere le 2003-04-18.
- [S14213] Michael B Melanson, Melanson ~ Melançon - The Genealogy of an Acadian and Cajun Family (Dracut, Massachusetts: Lanesville Publishing, 2004).
- [S11] Registre de la paroisse Saint Henri, Barachois, NB; microfilm: CEA F1889 et C1889A , microfilmé par P. Landry, microfilmé en mai 1977; Centre d'études acadiennes Anselme Chiasson.
- [S4052] Death of Mrs. Dosithe Melanson, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, January 20 1933, p 8;Moncton Daily Times Moncton, NB
Friday, January 20th, 1933 pg 8
Death of Mrs. Dosithe Melanson -
The death of Mrs. Mary Melanson, wife of Dosithe Melanson, 2 Spring Street, occurred at midnight on Wednesday. The deceased lady, who was in the fifty-fourth year of her age was born at Aboujagane, N.B., March 30, 1879, the daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Theo. Leger. She was highly respected by all who knew her and her death will be deeply regretted. She is survived by her husband and several children. The funeral will be held tomorrow morning with service in the L'Assomption Church at 9 o'clock. Interment will be in Shediac Road cemetery.
- [S3873] Phillip T. Léger - obituary, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, April 30, 1932, pg 9.
- [S101] Linda Arsenault, Carte de membres pour la réunion de la famille Léger dans le cadre du Congrès Mondial Acadien de 1994.
- [S3] Ronnie-Gilles Leblanc, Base de données généalogique, 1996 / 2002, Moncton, NB.
- [S3299] Caroline Melanson - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, May 21 1996, pg 19;Times & Transcript Moncton, NB
Tuesday, May 21st, 1996 pg 19
Miss Caroline Melanson, 91, of Résidence Cormier, Moncton passed away on Saturday, May 18, 1996 at the Dr. Georges-L. Dumont Hospital.
Born in Cap Pelé, she was the daughter of the late Dosithé and Marie (Leger) Melanson. She was a retired employee with Marven's with over 50 years service. She attended Assumption Cathedral Roman Catholic Church.
She is survived by a sister-in-law, Helen Melanson of Moncton; three nieces, Linda, Lorinda and Marie; three nephews, Paul, Raymond and Henri. She was predeceased by one sister, Eva; one half sister, Bella; five brother, Raymond, Souverain, Henri, Antoine and Abel; one brother-in-law, Donat Vienneau; one sister-in-law, Alice; one niece, Margaret-Ann; one nephew, Larry.
Rested at Frenette Funeral Home, 88 Church Street, Moncton, visiting hours were held on Sunday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. and Monday from 10 a.m. until time of funeral. Funeral mass was held at Assumption Cathedral Roman Catholic Church, Moncton on Monday, May 20, 1996 at 11 a.m. Interment in Our Lady of Calvary Roman Catholic Cemetery, Dieppe.