date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
- [S1800] Norman Maillet - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, August 12, 2005, pg A5.
- [S1804] John Hurley & Margaret M. Legere - tombstone, cimetière St Charles Nativity, Amherst, NS, photographié par Rick Legere le 2004-05-31.
- [S1805] John J. Leger his wife Hilda M. Jones, cimetière Highland View Cemetery, Amherst, NS, photographié par Rick Legere le 2004-05-10.
- [S2657] Rick legere, online source inconnue url, Rickey Joseph Allen Legere (Amherst, NS), downloaded May 11, 2006.
- [S2874] Vernon Lawrence Hurley - obituary, Amherst Daily News, Amherst, NS, March 27, 1989, pg 11;Amherst Daily News (1972 - Present) Amherst, NS
Monday, March 27th, 1989 pg 11
Vernon L. Hurley
Amherst - The death of Vernon Lawrence Hurley, of 9 Admore Ave., Amherst, occurred suddenly Saturday, March 25, 1989, at Aberdeen Hospital in New Glasgow following an industrial accident. He was 53. Born in Port Elgin, N.B., he was a son of Mrs. Margaret (Legere) Hurley of Amherst and the late John Hurley. He worked as an ironworker with Robb Engineering in Amherst for 32 years; was a member of the Ironworkers of America, Local 752; the Amherst Wildlife Association; and as a sports enthusiast he played hockey for serveral years and was a strong supporter of the Amherst Junior Ramblers. Besides his mother, he is survived by his second wife, the former Sharon McManaman; three daughters, Sherry (Mrs. Russel Rector), Kimberly (Mrs. Rod MacDonald), and Betty Hurley, all of Amherst; two step-daughters, Tammy and Holly, both at Home; a sister Pauline (Mrs. Jack McDermott) of Scarborough, Ont.; six brothers, Richard of Fort lawrence, Rod and Wayne, both of Amherst, Eric of Tatamagouch, David of Eastern Passage, and three grandchildren. Besides his father he was predeceased by his first wife, the former Jean Harroun in 1976 and a brother Larry in 1946.
His remains are resting at Furlong's Funeral Home, Amherst, with visiting hours today from 7-9 p.m. and on Tuesday from 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. Parish prayers will be held at the funeral home Tuesday at 8 p.m. Funeral mass will be held at Nativity of Our Lady Roman Catholic Church Wednesday at 10 a.m., conducted by Fr. David MacDonald. Burial will be in Amherst Cemetery later in the spring. In Lieu of flowers, donations to the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- [S3894] Andre J. Belliveau - obituary, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, February 20, 1932, pg 11;Moncton Daily Times Moncton, NB
Saturday, February 20th, 1932 pg 11
Andre J. Belliveau, 87, Succumbs to Short, illness-
Was one of pioneer residents of district -
A brother of late Dr. L. G. Belliveau, of Shediac -
Death last night claimed one of Westmorland County's oldest and most highly respected citizens, in the person of Mr. Andre J. Belliveau, pioneer resident of St. Joseph's who passed away in the Hotel Dieu Hospital here following an illness of about two weeks. The deceased was a native of St. Joseph's and had reached the long age of 87 years. He was a son of the late Mr.and Mrs. Joseph Belliveau and was widely known and highly esteemed throughout Eastern New Brunswick. He was a prosperous farmer and his place in the beautiful Memramcook valley was one of the finest agricultural holdings to be found in that section. Besides his wife, formerly Miss Sarah Leger, the deceased is survived by one sister, Mrs. A.P. Garom, of Rimouski, Que., also a niece, Miss Marquerite Belliveau, of Shediac, and a nephew, Mr. Leandre T. Belliveau of Melanson Co. Ltd., jewellers, of this city, as well as many other relateves. The late Dr. L.J.Belliveau, one of the best known medical practitioners in this section of the province was a brother. The body will be forwarded to his late home in St. Joseph's this afternoon and the funeral will be held from there on Monday morning to St. Thomas Church, Memramcook, where solemn high mass of requiem will be celebrated by Rev. Father Dismas J. LeBlanc, D.D. C.S.C. after which interment will be made in the cemetery adjoining the church.
- [S4150] Donald (Don) B. McKnight - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, March 4 2008;Times & Transcript Moncton, NB
Tuesday, March 4th, 2008
Donald (Don) B. McKnight -
Donald (Don) B. McKnight 84, of the Drew Nursing Home, Sackville and formerly of Moncton, passed away peacefully at The Sackville Memorial Hospital on Saturday, March 1, 2008. Born in Miramichi, he was the eldest of eleven children of the late Frank and Hannah (Jardine) MacKnight. A retired machinist with CNR, Don was a Veteran of WWII, having served overseas (1942 - 1946) in England, Holland, Normandy and Germany with the lst Hussars of London, ON. He was a 60 year member (Life) of the Royal Canadian Legion Branch # 6, Past President of Royal Canadian Legion Moncton Branch # 6 (1988, 1989), 40 year member of the Executive Board, Royal Canadian Legion Moncton Branch # 6, Chairman, Legion District Golfing (10 years), founding member, former Chairman and volunteer driver of the Veteran's Van Association, Life member of Dieppe Military Veteran's Association, Riverview Veteran's Armed Forces Association, Independent Order of Odd Fellows, CNR War Veterans, Independent Association of Machinists, Former Chaplain of Veteran Services, Past Elder of Harrisville United Church and was active with Harrisville Cubs and Scouts. Don will be sadly missed by his wife of 60 years, Bally (Meppelder), Moncton; sons, John (Marion), Marathon, ON, Don (Joyce), Moncton, Frank (Rose), Airdrie, AB; daughter, Donna (Alan Legere), Nappan, NS; seven grandchildren, Paula, Tracy, John, Karin, Don (DJ), Andrew and Alana; five step grandchildren, Ashley, Heather, Terry, Kyle, Nick; four great grandchildren, Austin, MacKenzie, Cierra, Ava; sisters, Erma (Gerald) Gildart, Moncton, Margaret (Alden White), Dartmouth, NS, Mary (Rae Allen), Eastern Passage, NS, Lorraine (Keith Gammon), Chatham, NB; brothers, Edwin (Marguerite) MacKnight, Newark, Ohio, John (Charlene) MacKnight, Napan, NB. In addition to his parents, he was predeceased by brothers, David, Richard; sisters, Eunice, Lois. Don will be greatly missed by his golf buddy, Joe Silliker and his hunting buddy, Harry Urwin. In keeping with Don's wishes, there will be no visitation. Moncton Legion Branch # 6 Memorial Service, Thursday, March 13, 2008, 1:30 pm at Ferguson Knowles Funeral Home Chapel, 1657 Mountain Road, Moncton (858-1995), followed by the funeral service, Rev. Wayne Smith officiating. Reception to follow. Interment in the spring. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations to the Legion Poppy Fund, The Van for the Veterans Fund or the memorial of the donor's choice would be appreciated. On line condolences www.fergusonknowlesfh.com.
- [S4156] Rita Leger - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, April 29 2006;voir aussi: Rita Leger - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, May 1, 2006.
- [S5256] Terrence Léger - nécrologie, Acadie Nouvelle, Caraquet, NB, 6 mai 1999.
- [S5562] Elmer L. Jones - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, October 21, 2003.
- [S5979] A. Cormier - obituary, Moncton Times, Moncton, NB, November 25, 1976, pg 2.
- [S6404] Corinne Legere - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, June 7, 2003.
- [S6450] Ronald Joseph Georges Legere - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, 2001-01-06, pg A5.
- [S6995] Mrs. Salome Cormier - obituary, Moncton Times, Moncton, NB, July 20, 1971, pg 5.
- [S7202] P. Nowlan - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, October 12, 1987, pg 5.
- [S7533] Courriel "[Fwd: Charles Everett Leger]", Rick Legere, Amherst, NS à Gilles Pinet, 2005-05-08.
- [S7633] Archives provinciales du Nouveau-Brunswick, "SD141 Statistiques de l'état civil", base de données, index des mariages du N.-B. ), Microfilm: F24375, No. d'enregistrement: 3292, Charles Leger & Shirley Johnson, (1960-08-06).
- [S7957] Courriel "Leger Genealogy / Généalogie des Léger - Person Page 7097", Martin Turgeon à Gilles Pinet, 2011-06-06.
- [S7996] T. Goguen - obituary, Moncton Times, Moncton, NB, January 15, 1974, pg 3.
- [S8438] A. Bastarache - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, December 17, 1986, pg 32.
- [S10724] Byltje "Bally" McKnight - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, February 27, 2013.
- [S11184] O. E. Jones - obituary, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, April 30, 1970, pg 5.
- [S11480] United States Census, 1930, index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XQLR-BY6 : accessed 2014-06-07), Sobe Gaudreau (Lynn, Essex, Massachusetts).
- [S11558] Joseph Clovis Bourque, Archives provinciales du Nouveau-Brunswick , Microfilm: F18061, No. d'enregistrement: 1609, (1902-09-07), index d'enregistrement des naissances de la province (http://archives.gnb.ca/Search/VISSE/141A5.aspx).
- [S11792] Janelle Alice Richard - les nouveaux bébés, Moniteur Acadien, Shediac, NB, 1996-02-08, pg 2.
- [S11804] Pierrette Poirier-Hébert - nécrologie, Acadie Nouvelle, Caraquet, NB, 2014-05-20, pg 29.
- [S11829] C. Leger - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, 1986-12-15, pg 17.
- [S12033] "Massachusetts, Births, 1841-1915,” index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FXFY-TV8 : accessed 2015-01-04), Mary Eda Lalime (1905).
- [S12072] "Massachusetts, Births, 1841-1915,” index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FXN4-R9G : accessed 2015-02-05), Andrew Sephirin Lalime (1893).
- [S12073] "Massachusetts, Births, 1841-1915,” index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FXX7-MWL : accessed 2015-02-05), Wilfred Joseph Lalime (1895).
- [S12076] "Massachusetts, Deaths, 1841-1915”, index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NW38-9D4 : accessed 2015-02-06), Joseph Wilfred Lalime (1897).
- [S12077] "Massachusetts, Deaths, 1841-1915,” index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FXXV-ZN2 : accessed 2015-02-06), Alice Lalime (1897).
- [S12085] "Massachusetts, Births, 1841-1915,” index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FXHQ-2QQ : accessed 2015-02-07), Mary Helen Lalime (1908).
- [S12087] United States Census, 1910, index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M2VB-2GJ : accessed 2015-02-07), Wilfred I Lalime (Waltham Ward 6, Middlesex, Massachusetts).
- [S12091] "Massachusetts, State Vital Records, 1841-1920”, index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:23RN-GQ2 : accessed 2015-02-07), Wilfred Lalime (1916).
- [S12095] Frances Evelyn "Fran" Martin (Greer) - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax, NS, 2015-02-07.
- [S14751] Miley Jones - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, 2017-01-30.
- [S14787] H. M. Leger - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, 1990-05-18, pg 34.
- [S14966] T. Richard - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, 1990-08-20, pg 26.
- [S15023] Mrs. V. Allain - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, 1990-09-06, pg 33.